Ductwork Cleaning Training
Knowledge and expertise in the field of ductwork cleaning has grown over the years to new heights of awareness. The course is a good base to ensure that all projects are tackled with professionalism and integrity and allows those that take the course to certify work carried out.
Let us Prepare a Quote For You
With the introduction of the Health and Safety Regulations 5&6 in 1992 and the HVAC Guide to Good Practice Cleanliness of Ventilation Systems TR19, the profile of ductwork cleaning has risen along with the importance of ductwork cleaning standards. However, the reputation of the business requires constant improvement to maintain standards and one area of this is the training of field personnel. The competence and diligence of a duct hygiene operator is essential to customer satisfaction and a project being completed successfully.
Pro-duct Clean offers two day courses in ductwork cleaning which can enhance any business in its operations and client satisfaction.
Course Overview and Breakdown
The aim of this training is to teach the correct techniques of ductwork cleaning, the principles and methods of cleaning along with the technical theory. Course content includes:
- Why clean ductwork?
- Safety of operators and client care
- Awareness of complications that may be encountered i.e. BMS, Sensors, Internal Data Transmission (Older Systems), Contamination into Working Environment
- Different methods of cleaning i.e. brush, vacuum, air blast, chemical spray, scrape.
- Hands On Experience
- How to cut and fit access panels
- Use of CCTV to inspect
- How to overcome obstacles i.e. airturns, dampers etc.
- How to check fire dampers
- How to check VCDs
- How to determine location of access panels
- Inspection of different components i.e. VAV system, internal instrumentation, heater batteries.
- Inspection of air cooled chiller units and cleaning of core
4.Specialised Cleaning Equipment
- Use of Rotary Brush Machine
- Correct set up
- Brush selection
- Cable selection
- Dos and Don’ts of use
- Practical experience
- Use of Air Extraction Unit
- Correct set up
- Filter change and selection
- Air volume selection for extraction
- Recontamination control of working environment
- Use of Vacuum Equipment
- Correct use of units
- How to double extraction power by multi banking
- Use of VAV and RB combined
- How to empty and change filters on site without re-contamination
- Use of class one HEPA vacuums
- Dos and Don’ts of use
- Scrape and Crawl Method
- Ductwork suspension safety
- Use of scrapers in hazardous situations
- Hazards to watch for
- Operator risks
- Chemical Spray
- Use of foaming equipment
- Practical use
- Application i.e. grease, heating coils etc.
- Special Cleaning Operations
- Methods and Applications
- Chemical plants
- Clean rooms
- Pharmaceutical areas
- Bomb damage
- Care and maintenance of Cleaning Equipment
- Brush machines
- Air Extraction units
- Vacuum units
- Practical Session
- Use all equipment on actual mock up ductwork system
- Theory Session
- Revise all previously taught subjects, followed by an examination of trainee’s grasp of knowledge and practical ability
- Award of competency certificate
Enquire about training now
Commercial Kitchen Cleans
Deep hygiene clean on kitchen surfaces and to stop harmful bacteria from spreading onto food. We will make sure you are fully EHO compliant.
Working at height trained operatives clean safely and efficiently using using scissor lifts and self- propelled booms to reach up high levels.
Local extract ventilation - LEV testing and examination to comply with COSHH regulations - for fume cupboards and manufacturing environments.
ESP Cell Maintenance
Specialist ESP cells cleaning, maintenance and replacement. Aligned with our dynamic inspection and preservation service.
Kitchen Extract Cleans
Degrease, clean and certify your kitchen extract system to meet strict TR/19 standards required by your insurance for fire and hygiene competancies.
Ensure a clean safe environment for customers, building users and staff - minimise lost working days through illness with regular hygiene cleaning.
Laundry Extract Cleans
Ensure your laundry extract ducts are free for highly flammable fabrics and lint and compliant with fire health and safety legislation.
Comply with TR/10 specification for new building ventilation systems and ensure the air system is free from building site dust and debris.
Our 3-level COVID sanitisation service includes full buidling fogging, section and touch point. Medical grade swab test and certification for assurance.
Air Duct Clean
Extraction devices, air jets and brushes are used to clean your ducting and improve the indoor air quality circulating in your ventilation system.
Fire Damper Testing
Inspection and servicing of building fire dampers. Tested at regular intervals to comply BS 9999 fire damper maintenance legislation.
Bathroom Extract Cleans
Bathroom extract systems harbour grime, dirt and other airborne bacteria, keep them clean to ensure quality bathroom hygiene and filtration
Let’s Work Together
Our philosophy is ‘do it right, first time‘. Our team are here to make your essential maintenance easy, help you stay compliant, and strive to make cost and operational efficiencies for you where we can.
Who are Pro-Duct Clean
We are an independent business headquartered on the Essex/Suffolk border.
16 years young, we have cleaned nearly 5000 miles of ducting. No building is too big (or small) – we have the right tools and team whatever the job. We know our business, we know the standards, we can help you with compliance and professional cleaning.
What regions do we cover
We mainly serve businesses in London, the East, and South East, we do travel further afield as required by our clients.
Who are our customers
Our clients include: hotels, hospitals, prisons, schools, care homes, office buildings, universities, pubs, historical buildings, private estates and restaurants. We work directly with clients, or via facilities management companies and resellers.
Our team highly trained in the latest standards and techniques you need. Our site operatives are available to work around your business timings to minimise shutdown disruption.